[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Jan 25 05:40:01 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 11:19 +0100, stefan-husmann at t-online.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the only reason I did not move cdrtools to community was that license
> reason.  So if that is no showstopper anymore, I can maintain it.
>
> Regards Stefan

I just checked alpha10, one of the first versions that was released as
CDDL, that also has that exception.

It seems that GPL and CDDL have some conflicting paragraphs, so even if
CDDL allows linking to GPL with this exception, GPL doesn't allow the
other way around.

So no, releasing as binary is still not possible when it comes to
mkisofs. mkisofs is still plain GPL without exceptions.