[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Jan 25 06:09:37 EST 2010

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 03:55:22 schrieb Sven-Hendrik Haase:
> I'm aware that I can get cdrtools from AUR. Even then, cdrkit uses
> "replaces" and that spells "don't use cdrtools" for me.

I don't see any replaces entry in our cdrkit PKGBUILD. So everybody should be
free to replace cdrkit by cdrtools.

Did anybody find a neutral and reliable statement about the license problem? I
guess most of us are no lawyers.

I don't see any problem in providing both if there are no licensing issues and
we have maintainers for them.

Pierre