[arch-general] problem with video driver ?

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Jan 25 08:22:31 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 12:46 +0100, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

> Because they seem to be OK, e.g. transfer speed when using
> rsync is what is was before. Anyway the slowest part in the
> link is probably the wireless access point anyway.

Hmm, wireless... besides being unreliable, it's half-duplex also. You'll
notice this with X11 forwarding. X11 is a bandwidth-hungry protocol. You
might want to use the compression feature of SSH, that would save you a
lot of network traffic.

When I was out of switch ports, I added a 10Mbit hub to my network and
connected one of my terminal clients to it. The result was the same as
your SSH experience: slow and laggy.