[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Jan 25 12:32:34 EST 2010

Am Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:01:24 -0300
schrieb Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>:

> cdrkit: 1.1.9 -> 1.1.10 (1 year), 1.1.6 -> 1.1.7 (another year). Only
> few changes in in each release in years.
> cdrtools: 13 releases in 2007, 20 in 2008, 16 in 2009, 3 in this
> month. Lots of changes in each release.
>
> The difference is really big.

I haven't looked at the details I only saw the last release date and
this wasn't one year ago.

I don't care if I'm using cdrtools or cdrkit. For me it's important
that my CDs and DVDs are burned correctly. And I personally hadn't had
any big issues with both of them except of a speed issue with the
latest K3b release in conjunction with wodim. But that's not the point
of this thread.

Greetings,
Heiko