[arch-general] One more tiny patch that should bring a massive performance boost :D

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 00:03:39 EST 2010

Hello,

During the recent libpng/libjpeg rebuilds, one thing that I noticed is
that (big) Todo lists are really slow to load. Turns out that the
current code is doing tons of simple queries (4 per package) which,
although are quick to execute on the database server, take a
considerable ammount of time to make.

Thankfully, Django provides a mechanism to fetch all needed data in one
go, which proved to be much faster during my testing. :)

(If I should be sending these to a developer instead of this mailing
list, please let me know.)