[arch-general] Bluetooth headphone

Manne Merak mannemerak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:07:07 EST 2010

On 01/26/2010 10:16 AM, Ray Rashif wrote:
> 2010/1/26 Manne Merak<mannemerak at gmail.com>:
>
>> Now, how do I get other apps to see it?  I dont see it as a device or
>> channel in the mixer?
>>
> http://en.opensuse.org/Bluetooth/Headphones-HOWTO#Is_it_possible_to_make_any_kind_of_link_from_a_.2Fdev.2F_entry_to_the_btheadset_to_make_the_headset_visible_to_any_application_.3F

Thanks, did all that already, as I said I can play audio using mplayer
or aplay etc.
But how do I get all apps that use it.
Actually a guide that explains the roles of, alsa, phonon, gstreamer,
xine, pulseaudio etc and how they fit together these days will also work
for me.
(as I understand KDE4 uses Phonon, which uses GStreamer as backend?
which uses ALSA? sounds like a bit of abstraction madness going on)

Manne