[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Johann Peter Dirichlet peterdirichlet.freesoftware at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 06:03:50 EST 2010

Well, after thinking about it (and talk with some friends, none
lawyer), I just vote for "community cdrtools and dump cdrkit".

I always think about supporting other operating systems, mainly
FreeBSD and NetBSD, before taking place in disputes like this.
"If the software can be ported to more platforms, then it is better
mantained" was always a lemma from me (and many folks of NetBSD team
:) ). So cdrtools is better quality software in my humble opinion.

If the only reason to put it out of [community] repo is just a matter
of FUD, then the only logical decision to take is to throw away the
broken software. Arch shouldn't get carried by this type of rumours
from no way.