[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 27 07:52:15 EST 2010

On 27/01/10 22:40, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>  wrote:
>
>> On 27/01/10 20:02, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>> There was nothing but a social attack from a hostile person. Please show me a
>>> report from a single lawyer that proves that there is a legal problem with the
>>> original software.
>>
>> Please provide a report from a single laywer showing that there is not.
>
> In the legal system I live and in case you live in the USA for you too, _you_
> would first need to prove that there is a legal problem with the original
> software.

Nice avoidance yet again of the request to provide some legal backing to
your assertion that it is legal to distribute cdrtools.

In the legal system I live in, if you have a suspicion that doing
something is illegal, then you do not do it.  If someone tells you that
it is fine with no evidence of legal backing for that assertion and you
decide to take their advise, you are legally responsible for your decision.

Hence the caution and continuously asking for you to provide some
evidence that the often mentioned legal review actually says that it is
fine to distribute cdrtools.

Allan