[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Gaurish Sharma contact at gaurishsharma.com
Wed Jan 27 18:14:37 EST 2010

Hi,
Atleast, you have my vote, I building cdrtools from AUR as we speak.
there is no point of using unmaintned software.

Anyone,
How can we setup cdrtools to completely replace cdrkit so that other
programs like k3b can use seamlessly ? Any guides, I didn't find
anything on ArchLinux Wiki which is kinda strange.

One more thing
cdrtools required it to be run as root, isn't that dangerous. any
method by which we give the required permissions to normal user?

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com