[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Jan 29 08:10:18 EST 2010

Am Freitag, 29. Januar 2010 11:58:12 schrieb Joerg Schilling:
> Paulo Matias <matias at archlinux-br.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Joerg Schilling
> >
> > <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> > > As long as there is no support code in Linux distros to set
> > > capabilities without making the target program suid root anyway,
> >
> > Don't be afraid, Arch Linux has support for that :)
>
> How?
>
> Is there support for mandatory ACLs?
>
> Jörg

Finally some interesting discussion came out of this. I am not an expert on
linux capability support, but Thomas has posted two blog entries about this in
Arch: http://archlinux.me/brain0/2009/07/28/using-posix-capabilities-in-linux-
part-one/ and http://archlinux.me/brain0/2010/01/05/using-posix-capabilities-
in-linux-part-two/

In general this should work fine. The only problem is that bsdtar did not
support storing those information (don't know if future versions support this)
so one has to use install scripts to adjust the permissions after install.

Pierre