[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sat Jan 30 02:35:38 EST 2010

Steve Holmes <steve.holmes88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know much about the licenses differences and all that crap but
> I experienced a problem with cdrecord several years ago where it would
> not work with my CD burner.  I kept getting wiere I/O errors or some
> such.  When I asked around,some people told me about wodim and when I
> went out and installed wodim, I've been able to burn CDs and DVDs
> flawlessly ever since.  My time with wodim has transpired over
> Slackware, Debian, and now Arch.  I don't know today if cdrecord would
> still cause me those errors or not but for me, the drkit has been
> doing me just fine.

As you do not give any facts, this is obviously nonsense.

I know of not a single case where cdrecord fails but wodim succeeds.
Wodim is nothing than an onl version of cdrecord with bugs added by it't
creators that never have been in the original.

If you would give evidence, it would be easy to prove that your alleged problem
is not related to cdrecord.

Jörg