[arch-general] Why taking so long?

pyther pyther at pyther.net
Sat Jan 30 07:13:57 EST 2010

On 01/30/2010 07:11 AM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
> Sometimes (only twice actually) I had to recompile the kernel with ice
> support from aur.
> Now compiling the kernel is not a short job, but it looks like it really
> compiles EVERYTHING!
>
> Maybe putting my .config somewhere it will not do it, how do you manage
> it?
> Thanks

Likely everything is being compiled in the kernel. The idea behind this
is so you can take the binary and distribute it to anyone and have it
work on their systems (with different hardware).

if you want to use your own config and select what you want have a look
at this wiki guide:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Custom_Kernel_Compilation_with_ABS

~pyther