[arch-general] Firefox 3.5.7 not support eh !??

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Jan 31 06:30:24 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 16:58 +0530, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> Something is seriously funny going on here with FF 3.5.7 (Shiretoko).
>
> I'm using it from the arch repos, but on visiting Google Help or Orkut,
> it says Browser not supported ?
>
> And the supported browser list says FF 1.5+
>
> Something is wrong with the arch build ?

There's nothing wrong with our firefox package, it's buggy browser
detection done by these websites. You might want to change the user
agent string through about:config to get Firefox in the name.

Websites with browser detection like this are plain stupid, you should
complain about it and advise them to check for a gecko engine version.