[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit - tone it down

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sun Jan 31 09:38:20 EST 2010

Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I have preformed some tests and guess what cdrkit works!  Imagine that.
> >> It burnt the iso's for Slackware distribution, and using md5sum to sum
> >> both a Slackware distribution disk burned by both cdrkit and cdrtools
> >> and they are the same, how did that happen?
> >>

> > There is a 99,99999999999999999999999999999999999% chance that you did never
> > used cdrtools.
> >
> > Jörg
> >

> Please show me the evidence to support your position.

mkisofs writes a record with it's current version number, so if you use
cdrtools, the content _definitely_ differs.

It is unfortunately people like you who do never prove any of their claims
and who claim things with an extremely low probability that create the
impression of groundless attacks and zero credibility.

You may try to trick out other people, here you will not have success.

As people with some basic skills know, just writing an _image_ with cdrecord
and wodim and then then comparing results does not prove the absense of
problems in wodim or cdrkit.

Jörg