[arch-general] Syncing the mirrors

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 11:24:22 EST 2010

On 31 January 2010 17:15, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010 17:14:05 schrieb Lukáš Jirkovský:
>> I think that the syncing would be much less painful if there was some
>> possibility to tell mirrors that package foo has been moved from
>> [testing] to [extra]. Then these rebuilds would be only a matter of
>> distributing information which packages should be moved from [testing]
>> (that could be done by one text file).
>
> See my third suggestion.
>
> --
>
> Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

I didn't understand what you meant first time. I think I got it now.
If I understand it well you mean having all packages in one directory
on server and the repos would be differentiated by some text files or
symlinks. The difference is really small (have all packages in one
place and link them vs. have current repository layout and move files
between directories on server).