[arch-general] kernel-lts ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sun Jan 31 11:34:29 EST 2010

.... I am new to the list, used Linux since Caldera 2.2. I noticed
references to a kernel-lts, labelled as 'long-time-support' on the Arch
website. I did a bit of googling & noticed references to such from Arch
& Ubuntu forums. I found no references at kernel.org, although I noticed
that they listed an upgrade to kernel 2.6.27.45, same number as the
'-lts' kernel in Arch. Is the 'lts' kernel project Arch/Ubuntu-specific,
or (semi-?) supported from kernel.org ? Also, I noticed that the
bleeding edge kernels (seem to) include firmware packages, but I didn't
see them for the lts kernels, did I just miss them or are they absent
from the 'lts' series of kernels ? TIA ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III