[arch-general] ftp.gigabit.nu / ftp.archlinux.se shutting down

Ionuț Bîru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 21:22:49 EDT 2010

On 07/04/2010 11:35 PM, Rickard Eriksson wrote:
> Cut from the forum where my co-admin first put this up, however it got
> closed with reason "trolling"...
>

> This mirror will shut down in the upcoming days.
>
> Few funny facts:

<snip>

i must say that is a very professional attempt to inform developers and
admins that actually organize our mirroring schema and access to rsync.

in the future, for other projects i suggest to use bugtracker, contact
the leader of the project or use a mailing list that it supposed to
handle this kind of announcement.

p.s imo this is lack of respect and i don't believe that you actually
handle a mirror dropping like that for other projects.

--
Ionuț