[arch-general] Blanks screen after boot

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 8 03:56:07 EDT 2010

Hey,
I have this problem since a while but it got a lot worse with the last
two kernel versions. Now there's an about 50/50 chance to see the user
login or simply not see it. I don't have any login manager set up, so
after boot there's simply the user login and after that I issue startx.
It all works just fine,even if I can't see a thing, and once I issued
startx everything goes back to normal, the screen isn't blank anymore.

The machine has an Intel chipset, and I guess it's related to that
and/or KMS, but that's as far as my guess goes.

Maybe one of you knows something about that kind of issue?

--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan