[arch-general] i915 Module Problem

Xiaochen Gao reddust1987 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:22:50 EDT 2010

 Dear All,
Sorry for the spam.
I am new to this list and I'm fairly new to Arch Linux. I encountered a
problem when I tried to install and use Arch Linux 2010.05. It seems to
be: if modules auto-load is set to yes or I manually set i915 to load in
rc.conf, my computer will stop and chang to blank black screen. If I
disable i915 the system will start without error, but only with low
defination display.
My computer is new lenovo Thinkpad X201, with i5-540 processor and
integrated Intel HD Graphics. Here I'm wondering whether it is a i915
error, or BIOS or any problem of my computer? And can I have an
alternative method to start my Arch Linux system with normal defination
display?

Thank you very much.

Xiaochen