[arch-general] nVidia MCP79

Rafael Beraldo rafaelluisberaldo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 09:19:12 EDT 2010

Hello Corrado.

In my old laptop, every time I blew the (parallel) microphone, it could hear
it. It doesn't happen with my 1201N and then I assumed that the mic wasn't
working at all. For some reason, however, I tested it yesterday on Skype
test call and --- surprisingly --- it worked. So this is it: the built-in
microphone just works out of the box.

Now, how do I know if I'm getting full power from my sound card? I listen to
music with everything set to 100% when in my old Toshiba Satellite A135 100%
was way too listen to. If things are just the way they are, what is the best
way to amplify sound by software? I know that Ubuntu Lucid does that (I
think it uses pulseaudio).

Finally, if I install a kernel from AUR, will yaourt replace it when a newer
version comes to [core] repository?

Thank you for the help!

--
Rafael Beraldo