[arch-general] wodim permissions

Dan Martins danman.v1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 11:15:11 EDT 2010

  Hi,

Today I found that I need to add the +s flag to /usr/bin/wodim to be
able to burn CDs. In the past I did not think this was the case. I have
hal running still and my user is a member of the optical group. I last
updated this morning. I'm running testing on x86_64 in case that makes a
difference. Is anyone else seeing the same problem after a recent update?

I'm actually using brasero to burn but it seems like a permission issue
due to the log file:

BraseroGenisoimage got varg:
     /usr/bin/genisoimage
     -input-charset
     utf8
     -r
     -graft-points
     -path-list
     /tmp/brasero_tmp_017RFV
     -exclude-list
     /tmp/brasero_tmp_N57RFV
     -V
     Music 2
     -A
     Brasero-2.30.2
     -sysid
     LINUX
BraseroGenisoimage Launching command
BraseroGenisoimage called brasero_job_get_fd_out
BraseroGenisoimage called brasero_job_get_fd_in
BraseroGenisoimage called brasero_job_get_fd_out
BraseroWodim stderr: wodim: No write mode specified.
BraseroWodim called brasero_job_get_flags
BraseroWodim stdout: TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
BraseroWodim stderr: wodim: Assuming -tao mode.
BraseroWodim called brasero_job_get_flags
BraseroWodim stdout: HUP
BraseroWodim stderr: wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different
drive dependent defaults.
BraseroWodim called brasero_job_get_flags
BraseroWodim stderr: wodim: Operation not permitted. Warning: Cannot
raise RLIMIT_MEMLOCK limits.
BraseroWodim called brasero_job_get_flags
BraseroWodim stderr: wodim: Resource temporarily unavailable. Cannot get
mmap for 32509952 Bytes on /dev/zero.
BraseroWodim called brasero_job_get_flags
BraseroWodim stderr: HUP
BraseroGenisoimage stderr: Using BBC_S000 for  Led Zeppelin/BBC Sessions
(Disc 2) (BBC Sessions (Disc 1))
BraseroWodim process finished with status 11
BraseroWodim called brasero_job_error
BraseroWodim finished with an error
BraseroWodim asked to stop because of an error
     error        = 0
     message    = "no message"
BraseroGenisoimage stopping
BraseroGenisoimage got killed
BraseroGenisoimage disconnecting BraseroGenisoimage from
BraseroChecksumImage
BraseroChecksumImage stopping
BraseroChecksumImage disconnecting BraseroChecksumImage from BraseroWodim
BraseroChecksumImage closing connection for BraseroChecksumImage
BraseroWodim stopping
BraseroWodim closing connection for BraseroWodim
Session error : unknown (brasero_burn_record brasero-burn.c:2842)

Regards,

Dan