[arch-general] nVidia MCP79

Rafael Beraldo rafaelluisberaldo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:53:43 EDT 2010

2010/7/10 bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com>

> So this doesn't seem to be a kernel problem... As far as I know Skype
> uses OSS (or, rather, ALSA's OSS emulation). You could try different
> drivers in your media player and understand if the problem lies here.

I just tested the microphone in Audacity (I think it uses ALSA, doesn't
it?). It works pretty well!

> Short answer: you can't. Pulse is just another layer, and it won't
> help you to overcome hardware-related problems. There probably is an
> internal amplifier in your soundcard which isn't properly detected.
> I'd go with giving the rc kernel a try.

 I'm compiling it right now.

> It is totally a different kernel, which you can run in parallel with
> the official one. Just compile it and add a grub configuration for it,
> then choose it when rebooting. If you are satisfied make it the
> default until 2.6.35 comes out, otherwise keep the old one.

> No problem! Please do not top post when replying to mailing lists. Thanks.

I'm sorry I'm not used to mailing lists ettiquete! I won't do that again.
 If there is any problem in the way I answered that e-mail, please let me
know. Thank you.

--
Rafael Beraldo
http://cabaladada.org