[arch-general] nVidia MCP79

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 06:24:08 EDT 2010

2010/7/11 Alexander Lam <lambchop468 at gmail.com>:
>> Tried the RC kernel with no success. Sound was the same as in the current
>> kernel. Maybe it _is_ low and there is no solution or I'm just crazy.

I'm sorry about that. You could be right, though, after all it is a netbook.

> does the nvidia MCP79 utilize the intel hda protocol?

Yes, it does. Now that I think about it, there is the possibility that
the card model is not correctly identified... you should check the
snd-intel-hda module documentation and see the possible values for the
'model' parameter. Be warned that there are a lot, but it could be a
starting point for a google search.

Corrado