[arch-general] legacy ATA -> AHCI switch after installation

Roberto Malinverni roberto.malinverni at dico.coop.it
Thu Jul 15 02:14:02 EDT 2010

My mainbord is dying, so I plan to replace it during this weekend.
Originally the installation of the OS (Arch of course) was performed with my
sata HD in "legacy ATA mode" set in the BIOS. I'm thinking this time to use
native AHCI mode for the hard disks - no real need, I'm just curious.
Apart from the other issues related to a "motherboard transplant" I'm
already familiar with, do you think that changing the hard drive mode will
give me particular troubles? IIRC, the ahci kernel module is normally loaded
alongside the others "ata/pata related", so maybe a simple rebuild of the
ramdisk is all that I need.

Roberto

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'