[arch-general] PCMCIA Kernel 2.6

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 13:31:02 EDT 2010

On 15-07-10 15:51, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org>  wrote:
[...]

>> If you try to boot via network, you could try to use gPXE - if you are
>> lucky, it has support for your network card (it supports very many
>> cards). gPXE can then load kernel and initrd via network (NFS, tftp,
>> http, ftp, whatever you like). gPXE usually fits on a floppy, even with
>> network drivers included.
>
> I don't think gPXE supports PCMCIA network cards. Leave all that, what
> am I supposed to do to initialize the PCMCIA card?

look like you're right about gPXE:
http://www.etherboot.org/wiki/pcmcia_support

But that page also mentions:
"If you are http://www.ltsp.org LTSP user, look at the LTSP “wireless”
packages at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=17723

That package contains a floppy image that can be used to boot off
wireless or wirebound PCMCIA network cards (probably other wireless
[=NICs=] as well). "

Maybe you can find something in the LTSP website/archives...

HTH

mvg,
    Guus