[arch-general] Tasks for newbie at online bug squashing (during Archcon)?

Mathias Huber huber at mathiashuber.de
Thu Jul 15 17:40:56 EDT 2010

Dear Archers,

I've seen there will be an online bug squashing with Archers worldwide
during Archcon on July 22 and 23
<http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=83844>.

I've set some time apart to join the fun. However, I am an Arch newbie,
though long standing Linux user. What will there be for me to do? Can
you find me some trivial tasks? Most bugs I find in flyspray are beyond
my capabilities -- X.org flaws or missing hardware support.

I think I could update simple package builds, or correct a wrong path
here and there. Apart from that, I am quite good at writing
documentation. Should I comb the Arch wiki?

Do I need to have a spare Arch system at hand to test things? Maybe
someone could take this newbie by the hand?

Cheers,
Mathias