[arch-general] nVidia MCP79

Rafael Beraldo rafaelluisberaldo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:34:56 EDT 2010

2010/7/19 Alexander Lam <lambchop468 at gmail.com>

> If that's the case I don't have any other ideas. My alc268 had an
> amplifier on the headphone out, and with the amplifier off (eapd not
> checked), the headphones were very quiet (alsa turns the amplifier
> on).
> You probably should think about emailing the alsa mailing lists if
> you're really in need.
>
> It is possible to get the datasheets for your audio codec, but you
> need to be able to interpret them to use them.
> http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-datasheet.php?datasheet=ALC269
>
> --
> Alexander Lam

In Ubuntu, the sound is as loud as it is in Arch Linux. Maybe next versions
of alsa may handle the ALC269 codec better.

Anyway, using software mixer instead of the sound card is a acceptable
workaround to watch to movies.

If I found a solution, I'll update the Asus 1201N wiki page. Thank you all
for the help.

--
Rafael Beraldo
http://cabaladada.org