[arch-general] All kdemod3 menu apps in "Lost & Found" menu folder + control panel apps gone - how to get back?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jul 19 03:13:01 EDT 2010

On 07/19/2010 12:39 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 07/18/2010 11:34 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> Also, what ever happened also caused all kde3 control panel entries to disappear
>> from the control panel. Now I don't have a control panel any more:
>>
>> 23:22 alchemy:/opt/kde/share/applications/kde> kcmshell --list
>> The following modules are available:
>>
>> Huh?
>
> Something I have never seen before is the complete loss of the desktop
> configuration dialogs. When I rt-click on the kde3 desktop here is what I get:
>
> (14K)
> http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/Archlinux/bugs/kde3-rt-click-on-dt.jpg

I am really curious as to what in the heck caused this problem. When I opened
enlightenment tonight, I noticed changes to the enlightenment menu items that
could ONLY have occurred as a result of the changes I made in Gnome alacarte.
The app titles in my enlightenment menus where what I had changed names to in gnome.

Is there anyway alacarte could have effected menus in other desktops? I get that
all desktops pretty much use the same .desktop files, but something had to have
completely screwed up my kde3 menu structure. If so, that's a serious bug.
Anybody got any info on whether alacarte can effect menus in other desktops?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC