[arch-general] perl-authen-sasl: local (2.1401-1) is newer than community (2.15-1)

Nathan Wayde kumyco at konnichi.com
Wed Jul 21 01:32:40 EDT 2010

This is prolly a stupid idea but I'll suggest it anyway. Have anyone
thought of simply adding another field in the pkginfo, say altver which
if present would override pkgver. I'm pretty sure it would walk right
around all this nonsense until(if ever) upstream starts using better
version schemes. It would also fix? the issue with version dependencies
of -svn(et al.) packages where the actual version is e.g 2.1 but the
version in the pkginfo is 2432.