[arch-general] New to Arch with problems with AUR

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Fri Jul 23 06:36:12 EDT 2010

On 23.07.2010 12:27, Mario Daniel Carugno wrote:
> First i present myself. My name is Mario and i was reading this list
> for a few weeks.
> I'm coming from Debian, [...]

Welcome :)

> For instance, i couldn't compile shaman. Actually i can't compile aqpm
> or libaqpm, wich is a dependency of shaman, and it isn't in the pacman
> repositories.

Try to find out what's wrong (Maybe it's as easy as changing pkgver
because upstream already fixed the problem in a newer release. Always
check that first!) and if possible fix it yourself. If you can't, try
asking on IRC or write a comment on the package's page.

> Is it always so common to have problems in building AUR packages ?

There is software that's buggy and troublesome, but also one that just
works™. At least those packages I use work most of the time.

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net