[arch-general] amd x86_64 crash: fuse init .. end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:59:47 EDT 2010

Guys,

	Here is a possible bug regarding the fuse filesystem. The best I can determine
this occurred during an rsync request from the x86_64 box to a laptop to
retrieve files under /home/david. The box hardlocked. The error messages just
before the restart were:

Jul 26 02:48:19 archangel kernel: fuse init (API version 7.13)
Jul 26 02:48:19 archangel kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
Jul 26 02:48:19 archangel kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

	What stands out to me is 'fd0'. Why in the world would there be an I/O error to
the floppy associated with a rsync request that had nothing to do with the
floppy? The floppy on that box probably hasn't been used in over a year since
the last bios upgrade and there is no floppy in the drive.

	This occurred with the following packages installed:

kernel26 2.6.34.1-1
fuse 2.8.4-2

	Has anybody seen anything similar? What is a good way to troubleshoot other
than repeatedly doing rsync transfers and hoping to catch something?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC