[arch-general] makepkg patch - generate .SRCINFO file when running "--source"

vlad vla at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jul 27 09:51:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 03:38:10PM +0200, Jakob Gruber wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 July 2010 15:25:56 vlad wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > Here is a
> patch against makepkg from git which introduces a new function
> >
> "write_srcinfo()". This generates a file .SRCINFO - like the .PKGINFO
> > one
> - when "makepkg --source" is run and then it is added to the src.tar.gz
> >
> archive.
>
> snip
>
> > global makedepends = binutils>=2.20.1
> > global makedepends
> = libmpc>=0.8.2-2
> > global makedepends = cloog-ppl>=0.15.8
>
> What about
> packages that define source / depends / ... depending on the used arch ? For
> example:
>
> -------------
>
> if [ $CARCH == 'x86_64' ];
> then
> 	_pkgarch=...
> 	md5sums=...
> 	depends=...
> else
> fi
As it is now handled in AUR, there is imo no sane way to handle this.
I propose that there should be a default way of writing this in PKGBUILDs.
I think of smth like:
"
[[ $CARCH == "i686" ]] && ..
"
And only this should be allowed. This is then easily parseable.
I know this is quite restrictive, but it is also an approach to
standardize the source archives. As you see, for now it's a pita to
correctly display this in the AUR web interface and also for other
scripts to parse this.