[arch-general] mandriva beat us to a new version

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:07:45 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Smith Dhumbumroong <zodmaner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd rather wait and let the devs sort out any/all problems with the new
> version of perl, or any software for that matter, before releasing it,
> rather than rushing to releasing it in order to "win" a nonexistent race.

Normally I'd agree with you, but we're a rolling distro, it shouldn't
take us 6 months to get something like perl into stable.

I know of 1 set of packages that need a rebuild... not hard to fix.

And another bug that was caused by an attempt to fix a bug that was in
reality not a bug, that really only requires changing settings back to
the way they were... e.g. just move a few lines around. However, I
don't think this new bug is more potential than real, as I don't think
any package exists to trigger it. Thus should not be a blocker.

Keep in mind we've released kde before it was actually released (by
hours, but still), and that we had gcc 4.5.0 out in a week, which I'm
pretty sure wasn't all that ready.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com