[arch-general] Pacman fails to update?

Martín Cigorraga martosurf7600 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:53:33 EDT 2010

Hi guys, I'm having this rare issue:

several days ago I installed some things from [Testing] and because I
don't wanna screw-up my system I turned it off.
Since then, every day I check for updates -roughly 10 days more or
less- pacman keeps telling it's all up-to-date while I know there's
nearly everyday an update while not within several hours, at least in
my system with what I have installed.

Also I was using packer (a community tool to deal with AUR) which
keeps telling some installed packages (14) were newer than those found
in theire repos (not from AUR but from extra and community
rpositories).

Today I downloaded latest mirrorlist, did a # pacman -Syy && pacman
-Suu and gave system is up-to-date which is in fact very strange, I
mean, come on, there wasn't any updates in all these days? I don't
think so :p

But the weirdest thing is afeter issue those orders I did a $ packer
-Syu to update AUR packages and guess what? I remember I had something
like 140 packages installed from AUR but this time packer wanted to
check for 1272 packages lol

The weirdest thing? I can't install ABS, as you hear it, pacman can't
found it in extra (or community or wherever it resides).

So the million question here is: is there *any* way to initialize
whole pacman and it local repositories cache? I think of it as the
last resort to may be fix this.

Thanks!