[arch-general] mandriva beat us to a new version

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 22:28:09 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> The goal of Arch Linux is not to package things faster than everybody else.
>  The goal of Arch is to make the distribution that the developers want to
> use.  It just happens that Arch developers like having most things packaged
> quickly so that is what we do.

you know Allan... every time I hear what arch /is/ I hear something
different. Arch /is/ a rolling distribution, it is not meant to be as
stable as other distributions. This does not mean we release
everything carelessly, and we generally have a good balance between
'stable' and 'current'. I'm generally not dissatisfied.

My point by the way is that this could have been released to stable ~3
months ago. I really would like to not see Mandriva, Ubuntu, OpenSuse,
and Fedora all have it in their stable distro's when we don't. As I've
pointed out OpenSuse already has it in there stable 11.3.

You can call me a wanker, and talk about your life all you want... but
I volunteered to help, I know another that did too. We were turned
down. I can't do what I don't have the 'privileges' to do, and neither
can anyone else. There aren't any patches needed (so far as I can
tell). The only thing left to do is rebuild community -dbd's and move
everything to stable (so far as I can tell), if there's more no one
has mentioned it.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com