[arch-general] Pacman fails to update?

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Fri Jul 30 02:31:36 EDT 2010

On 07/30/2010 09:28 AM, Martín Cigorraga wrote:
> SOLVED
>
> I'am an Arch and GNU/Linux n00b but I'm also a 'hardheaded/stubborn' guy
> when it's about solving a problem - even worst if it's related to my
> computer, lol.
> After looking and trying several things I narrowed the problem to
> 'rankmirrors'. I don't know why (was the package updated early?) because
> allways runned smooth here, but the file generated is somewhat corrupt.
> Seems it's time to fill a bug report :)
>
> BTW, Arch rules!! Thanks every single one for making this possible, I enjoy
> so much using it and I evangelize everybody about it, you all kick-ass
> people.
>
> Martín

i noticed that you have catalyst repo first repo. as you know pacman is
using the ordering to prioritize updates. if you have this one first and
for some reason they clone the repo and have out of date packages, you
will never get updates from core/extra/testing.

i suggest to move it the last

--
Ionuț