[arch-general] Problemas con HP1020

Mario Daniel Carugno carugnom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:45:37 EDT 2010

Sorry  !!!
My message, translated:

Hi list, y have a HP1020 printer, and it is taking a little hard to
get ir work well.
I've followed the steps from an Arch's wiki article, y made it work.
That article explains that the usblp module must be loaded in order to configure
the printer, but unloaded then, when it must print something.
So they proposed as solution, add the following line to /etc/rc.local

  rmmod usblp

That works when i boot the system, since the module is removed.
But the problem is when i turn the printer off and on, while Arch is running.
This action (turning on the printer) causes the usblp modulo to be loaded again,
and thus the printer do no works anymore.
So, how can i prevent the loading of this module when i turn on the printer ?

Thanks