[arch-general] getting fed up with gnome's fast-user-switching experience

Vincent Van Houtte vvh at synergylaw.be
Tue Jun 1 03:45:58 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 19:42 -0400, Matthew Monaco wrote:
> On pretty much every computer I interact with that uses Gnome (Arch, et al.)
> there is always one problem or another trying to log out, switch users, or
> resume from suspend. The symptom is usually a blank screen (with or without the
> backlight), or a blank screen with just the mouse.

Currently (and for the past 2 months or so), all our Debian Squeeze
boxes suffer from not being able to shutdown/restart/logout from the
gnome menu. Our only option is to do a 'switch user' and then
shutdown/restart from gdm. Probably something with
polkit/gnome-keyring-daemon, but I cannot find any errors in the logs
which makes this hard to debug.

Our problems are probably unrelated, but I feel your pain :)

Vincent
--
Advocatenkantoor Suy, Van Baeveghem & Van Houtte
Brusselsestraat 108