[arch-general] Cannot install shaman from AUR

xenof0nt xenof0nt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 01:36:45 EDT 2010

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 08:24:41 +0300, Madhurya Kakati
<mkakati2805 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:41 AM, xenof0nt <xenof0nt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Shaman is deprecated. Just don't use it anymore.
>>

>> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 08:07:32 +0300, Madhurya Kakati
>> <mkakati2805 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> i am unable to install shaman from AUR via yaourt error is
>>> http://pastebin.com/hfG3zEB
>>

> is there any other option? and please don't tell me to use pacman. I
> do use it. Just want to try out a graphical frontend.

Sorry there is no other alternative. The only solution is Shaman2 but
currently is in Alpha stage. That means it is highly unstable and
dangerous for your system.
Arch will never provide a graphical tool for pacman.
So if you can't live with this, then change to another distro