[arch-general] Any Arch Users/Developers @ Linuxtag 2010?

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Jun 7 17:37:48 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Felipe Tanus's message of 2010-06-07 23:16:51 +0200:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Rafael Correia <rafaelnominato at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The purpose of Microsoft at a Open Source event? Steal code, of course.
> >
> > -- Rafael Correia
> >

>        Actually, Microsoft contributes to open source [1]. Including
> to Linux kernel, with drivers [2]. I guess we should be thankful for
> they spend they time and money helping the kernel.
>        Personally I don't care what they true intentions are, and
> surely they only did this aiming on what any capitalist company would
> do, but the fact is that helps Linux as a software.
>
>        [ ]'s
>
> [1] http://www.microsoft.com/opensource/
> [2] http://www.microsoft.com/opensource/project-detail.aspx?pid=18

I seem to remember that those drivers are really badly maintained.
And opensource is a term that can have a broad range of meanings, in the
case of microsoft it usually means "You can look at the code, nothing
else."
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan