[arch-general] Bad Magic Number in Superblock - Any trick for Arch or for new kernels?

Sergey Manucharian ingeniware at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 16:14:55 EDT 2010

Hi David,

Excerpts from David C. Rankin's message of Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:16 -0500:

> 	Before I add the drive to the heap of drives in my 'dead
> drive box' are there any other silver bullets I should try to try and
> resurrect the drive? (Data isn't an issue, it's all backed up :-)

I had similar situation (just a couple of days ago) with my friend's
USB flash drive, which has fallen dead accidentally being transferred
from one computer to another. The symptoms were very similar. After
half an hour of trying to read outputs and resurrect it I've decided to
disassemble it. The quartz resonator's leg was torn off the board. I've
soldered it back - everything was back - partitions and data.

This long story is a hint that you may have an electronics failure in
your HDD. Just a physicist's opinion ;-)

Cheers,
Sergey