[arch-general] File Associations for firefox & thunderbird :)^

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Mon Jun 14 11:37:05 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Nilesh Govindarajan's message of 2010-06-14 17:09:26 +0200:
> I am a full time KDE user and I don't have GNOME or its libraries.
> Firefox and Thunderbird keep asking me to choose applications to open
> .pdf, .doc, .xls, http://, etc.
> Is there no package which can fix the file associations for FF and TB ?

That's likely some xdg stuff. It usually works using gnome, KDE and xfce
but nothing else. KDE probably has some preferences thing somewhere,
otherwise you're pretty much as f..... as everyone who doesn't use a big
DE. Hurray for 'Desktop Integration'..
--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan