[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] dropping flashplugin x86_64

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:08:13 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I'll keep this installed despite the security problem. Combined with
> flashblock, I can at least watch youtube this way. Force-removing it by
> a dummy update is something I don't want.

Same here. I block all plugins and js by default anyways... it's not
like anyone should actually be trusting flash to be secure... removing
it will just harm user functionality.

Linus is right http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/706950

of course no matter what... adobe is wrong... they shouldn't have
released without 64-bit... but their wrongs shouldn't make us choose
to harm our users functionality.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com