[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] dropping flashplugin x86_64

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 05:15:10 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Patrick Burroughs
<celticmadman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe there's a bit of a slowdown versus Flash
> if you have a cutting-edge system, but not everyone is in that
> situation.

yeah having a quad core with 6G of ram takes care of just about any
system performance issues (except nepomuk and related tools which I've
had to disable due to a massive memory leak that can eat all ram in a
day). I suspect it's that the caching and downloading works better. I
only get 180k down so it's easy for my entire network to flood. It
doesn't help that I can't see the cache for a html5 video on youtube
so it could all be perception... or just the fact that I tend to watch
1-2 hour video's on youtube and not the average 1-10 minutes.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com