[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] dropping flashplugin x86_64

Patrick Burroughs celticmadman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 05:41:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 02:17, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:
>> yeah having a quad core with 6G of ram takes care of just about any
>> system performance issues
>
> however I was using flash 10 on a much less beefy system not so long
> ago... and didn't notice issues... so I'd be curious to know how low
> of a system spec do you have to go to have an issue. (it was a 1.8ghz
> athlon-xp that was my previous system)

I will admit, it's pretty low. My previous system was a 2GHz Athlon
XP, and while Flash wasn't instant on there, and occasionally lagged,
it worked. That died, and I haven't the means to replace it, so I've
been using an old Dell Latitude C610 (1.2GHz P3, 256MB RAM); Flash
just utterly fails on here.

Well, that's not quite true; if I download a lighter game, and run it
in the standalone Flash player as the only X client, it works, but
that's not exactly feasible for everything.

~celti