[arch-general] Boost

Daniel Bumke danielbumke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 02:50:14 EDT 2010

On 18/06/10 13:30, Allan McRae wrote:
> From memory 1.42 broke encfs.   The encfs developers blame boost, the
> boost developers blame encfs, so nothing was done in recent updates
> from either side.
>
> So we either update boost or break encfs...
Thanks for the tip! Presumably you mean either we *don't* update boost
or break encfs?

What a mess. For anyone interested you can read up on it here:

http://code.google.com/p/encfs/issues/detail?id=60

Boost really seems to have no interest in fixing this, but it looks like
encfs may have found a work-around (the bug above was closed yesterday
with status 'released'). Latest encfs release:
http://code.google.com/p/encfs/updates/list

Maybe worth another try with the new encfs version?