[arch-general] intel video & suspend

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri Jun 18 04:01:12 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Christoph Rissner's message of 2010-06-18 09:36:27 +0200:
> On 05/07/2010 07:16 PM, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> > please inform us, what does "xset dpms force off" do?  And for what
> > circumstances/purpose do you use it?
>
> Sorry it took so long, I missed your reply.
>
> "xset dpms force off" is supposed to turn off the screen immediately
> using DPMS, at least thats what it seems to do.
> I just don't want to suspend (suspend the whole system to RAM) everytime
> I close the lid, rather I like it to continue to work on whatever I told
> it to do :-)
>
> Bye
> Christoph

The syntax of that stuff is weird, but here's what I have, seems to work:

# turn off screen powersaving
setterm -blank 0 -powersave off -powerdown 0

#turn powersave off
xset dpms 0 0 0
xset -dpms

#turn screensaver off
xset s 0 0
xset s noblank
xset s noexpose
xset s off

--
Regards,
Philipp

--
"Wir stehen selbst enttäuscht und sehn betroffen / Den Vorhang zu und alle Fragen offen." Bertolt Brecht, Der gute Mensch von Sezuan