[arch-general] Boost

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Fri Jun 18 05:52:42 EDT 2010

On 18.06.2010 11:38, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> On 06/18/2010 09:30 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
>> On 18/06/10 16:24, Daniel Bumke wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what's going on with boost? It seems it was downgraded
>>> from 1.42.0 to 1.41.0 a while back, and hasn't been updated to the
>>> latest 1.43.0.
>>>
>>> I was going to build the latest on my machine, but if there's something
>>> wrong with it I might hold off or go with the older version. I know
>>> there was some talk about splitting it up; is that the reason?
>>>

>>  From memory 1.42 broke encfs. The encfs developers blame boost, the
>> boost developers blame encfs, so nothing was done in recent updates from
>> either side.
>>
>> So we either update boost or break encfs...
>>
>> Allan
>
> encfs devs released a new version which works with > 1.41.
>
> yesterday i built 1.43 but the splitting is holding me back. It has a
> very annoying build system and until now we have in the bugtracker one
> which is copying files around from a directory to another. FS#19749

What's the issue here though? We have a working split package and
everyone is happy? Bjam is a crappy build system but until CMake is more
actively maintained by Boost (last boost-cmake release was 1.41) it'll
have to do. Boost is an important part of C++ development, it should not
go without update in Arch.

-- Sven-Hendrik