[arch-general] How do I get my Canon MP630 working under Arch?

Jordan Windsor jordanw2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 07:57:24 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Gmail <jesse.jaara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jordan Windsor kirjoitti perjantai, 18. kesäkuuta 2010 13:22:00:
>> I would like to get my Canon MP630 (all in one) printer working under
>> Arch, I only need the printing abilities though.
>> I have installed the following packages and read the Arch wiki CUPS
>> article along with many other websites:
>> cnijfilter-common 3.00-3
>> hal-cups-utils
>> cups-canon
>> cups
>> libcups
>>
>> I've tried adding the printer with the following URI's:
>> cnijusb:/dev/usb/lp2
>> hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4a9_172e_30AFBE_if1_printer_n
>> oserial
>>
>> I've been unable to get it to print a test page.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I had problems whit a cannoc printer too, check if you have 2 devices listed
> in cups, as for me the other one didn't work but the pother did. Sorry its
> been while sinse i intsleed it so I can't remeber propely

When I use "hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4a9_172e_30AFBE_if1_printer_noserial"
as the URI with this PPD file "Canon MP630 series Ver.3.00" It wont
print anything (including test prints) it automatically completes any
jobs I give it, when I give it the URI of "cnijusb:/dev/usb/lp2" with
the PPD file "Canon PIXMA MP610 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.5" it display
this as the status "Paused - "Printing page 1, 2%"" with the state of
the job as "/usr/lib/cups/backend/cnijusb failed", when I give it the
PPD of "Canon MP620-630 series Ver.2.80en" it also automatically
completes all jobs without actually printing anything.

Thanks.