[arch-general] xterm letters show up with strange bars

PT M. pentie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:11:37 EDT 2010

In fact this happeded weeks before, maybe after upgrading to xorg1.8, when
typing in xterm,  it left with each letter with an annoying vertical line.
[see the image attached]

I believe this has something to do with compiz-wm, if I switch to the other
window and switch back, those lines gone, but still appear when new letters
typed in.

And if I switch to the default Metacity wm, nothing annoying any more.

Any people encounter such problem? I switch to urxvt instead as the terminal
this days.

installed packages: [i686]

*compiz-core 0.8.6-2
xorg-server 1.8.1-1